Golf at Twin Oaks
As picturesque as it is challenging, Twin Oaks stretches over 6,700 yards creating a well maintained course that is challenging, attractive and considered one of the area’s best. Many greats have shared their love of the game on our remarkable course including the exciting moment the legendary, Arnold Palmer, set the course record in 1963 with a round of 61.
The par-71 course is characterized by rolling hills, tree-lined bermuda grass fairways and subtle bent-grass greens. Strategically placed bunkers offer various elements of risk versus reward. Over the past few years many new features have been completed to improve on the already splendid charm of the course including: scatter cart paths, crushed white granite bunkers, granite tee markers, a statuesque clock tower on number one tee box, new bridge on number sixteen, renovated custom bathrooms and a waterfall feature reaching over 350 feet on the front nine. Our course will exceed your expectations for a spectacular round of golf.
Our State of the Art practice facility, which includes a driving range and short course recently won the prestigious 2013 Design Excellence Award. This award was given to only eleven other courses in the world. With five full size synthetic target greens guarded by bunkers, this practice facility offers the feel and appearance of hitting into a fairway when refining your longer shots. There is also a short game area surrounded with fairway and practice green-side bunkers. On Sunday afternoons the short course is a great place for junior golfers to develop their skills and for families to enjoy their passion of golf together. This area is truly built for game development and is open year round.
Also open year round is our full service pro shop. Our golf pros will assist you with any golfing need. They also oversee a wide array of excellent golf programs including:
- Junior Golf
- A program for members’ children and grandchildren, ages 6-18, that offers the opportunity to develop their golfing skills, participate in competitions, and establish a life-long love of the game. Children under 6 can also participate during this time in a program called ‘snag’ golf which is for beginners. Junior Golf meets on Friday mornings in the summer.
- Twin Oaks Women’s Golf Association (T.O.W.G.A.)
- A league for ladies that meet every Wednesday morning to play nine or eighteen holes. Members participate in individual and team competitions, scrambles, and other variety of formats to keep it fun and help improve their skills.
- Nine and Dine
- An opportunity for a twosome to enjoy nine holes of golf on Tuesday evenings. Golf is followed by a happy hour with drinks and hors d’oeuvres in Mulligan’s.
- Couples Golf
- An afternoon of couples competing against other couples one Sunday a month. Different formats and skill challenges are offered to enhance enjoyment and to seek out the best golfing pair at Twin Oaks.
- Stag Days
- Eighteen holes are played during stag days one Thursday a month. They feature a variety of tournament formats, two-man best balls and two-man scrambles to name a few. A special meal prepared by the Chef is enjoyed by all who participate.
- Men’s Twin Oaks Classic Tournament
- The premier men’s golf tournament highlighting three days of competitive golf with a fun social experience and exquisite food.
- Ladies Acorn Classic Tournament
- The premier ladies golf tournament highlighting three days of competitive golf with a fun social experience and exquisite food. The Ladies Acorn Classic celebrated its 40th year in 2017!